Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. Is anyone still burping their 9 month olds??

Is anyone still burping their 9 month olds?? Rss

Hi to all the helpful mummies out there,

Just wanting to know if anyone is still needing to wind their 9 month old babies, after milk and solids!

I have always said i have windy babies, but i really thought my daughter wasn't being burped at this age!!

I feel like i give him 5 meals a day, as i have to wait to get all his wind up inbetween meals and yoghurt etc. If i don't he whinges constantly and won't eat again till all the wind is out.

Also after his over night bottle, i have to pace for 5 mins in the middle of the night to get up a burp or he won't sleep,

Any ideas, or mine is the same stories would be much appreciated,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

hi tepe how u doing? well my daughter was a real shocker for wind when she was little and i was always told she will grow out of it and she did at about 6mths of age she just all of a sudden didnt need to be burped anymore and learnt to pass the wind herself and she still does now pass it herself without any troubles goodluck.
Thanks Nat,

Thats my memory with my daughter too, lets hope my son works it out soon!

Tepe

My boy is 8 months. I do a brief burping session, about 1 minute, then if he still hasnt burped Iput him on his stomach and about 10 per cent of the time he might vomit a tiny bit, but thats my trick. Burping is boring!

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Just also mention he burps a hell of a lot better on Heinz formula than the S-26 gold when he was newborn. Much less gassy build up in his bottom as well.

Hi Jz,

I also use the heinz formular, and always have, so can't really compare on that! I guess i am only burping him properly after bottles now, as he wants to be mobile and won't stay still in my arms long enough.

He also has little burps with vomit, from his solids, especially when i haven't got a burp up.

Thanks for your reply, its always nice to know you aren't the only one! smile

Tepe

Hi Tepe
I've found theeasiest way to get Liam to burp is to either sit him or stand him on my lap and make him smile. It seems smiling relaxes something in him and enables him to be quite vocal with his burps, dad's so proud. Not sure if this'll work for your little fella as he's a bit older than Liam but it's worth a try.
Hope you have success.
Kristy

member since 2004

Hi Kristy,

Thanks for the idea! Thinking about it now, he does seem to burp and get the hiccups if he is giggling at his sister. So maybe there is something in what you said, about relaxing their tummies.

Thanks again,

Tepe

I agree with the smiling thing or If you sit them up in your lap and have a little chat or let him look around he seems relaxed and burps!

Hi Tepe
I have a 6 month old daughter who I still have to burp after every meal and after breastfeeding her. She vomits almost every time. If I cannot get her to burp I also, lay her on her stomach and get it up that way. How long will this go on for......

Julie~mum to Jordyn-12,Jai-9,Eli-5,Kayne-10months!

Hiya everyone,

Well my little man is now 1yo, and i can now say i don't burp him. I probably stopped at about 10.5 months when he started walking lots. obviously being upright was helping him heaps.

I will try for a couple of minutes after his bottle over night, but if he doesn't in that time, staight to bed he goes.

Best of luck,

Tepe

Sign in to follow this topic