Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. If you baby was looking interested

If you baby was looking interested Rss

when you had a smoke, would you offer it to them?

I don't agree with the if the baby is looking interested at what you're doing (eating) they're ready to start.

How about, if the baby is not settling as easily, or seeming to not be satisfied with just milk anymore, then they are ready for solids. My kids were ALWAYS interested in what I was doing. Whether it be eating a carrot, or drinking a beer, they were wanting to grab it. Doesn't mean I gave it to them.
[Edited on 18/06/2008]
Nevermind!!
[Edited on 18/06/2008]
Amen to that T.

Have to agree with you there TP.

How time flies!!

Posted by: 1Blue-2Pink
Ok no need to be nasty,she is only asking a question.

Why start a psot like this!!

You've lost me there. I was talking to some people IRL this morning about WHEN TO START SOLIDS...
I think as a parent you would know what is good to offer your baby (like food) as against what is bad (like a ciggy or beer). Usually babies around 4.5 months do show interest when other people are eating and to be honest, i do not see anything wrong with that. Yes, i do know that the age to start on solids is 6 months now. But 7 years back when my DS was born, it was 4 months - and you know what, he turned out just fine.

mumof2

She was only asking for someone to agree with her.

How time flies!!

Meh, im lost, as per usual.

But i have made some more yummy brownies today! Thats exciting! LMAO

which category is TT? lol

1 monkey, 1 diva = the love of my life

Maybe there was a reason why they changed it to 6months?? When DD1 was born 4years ago, it was 6months.

How time flies!!

Posted by: Open_Sesame
Maybe there was a reason why they changed it to 6months?? When DD1 was born 4years ago, it was 6months.

Maybe there is a reason, I'm not sure what it is. And yes, when DD was born 3 years back it was changed to 6 months as well. And you know what, it will change again LOL.

mumof2

Probably to 8 mths.
Sign in to follow this topic