Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. What reactions did you get to solids?

What reactions did you get to solids? Lock Rss

Hello,
Just wondering what kind of reactions your babies gave you when you started on solids? Not just the very first time ever but also each time you tried a new food? What things did your baby take to straight away? How many times did you try something before they liked it? What things weren't a hit the first time and still aren't?

I assume there may have been some quite amusing faces pulled grin

Thanks

I started my little one on solids when she was 4 months old and her first meal was rice cereal. She didn't like it that much so after two days i introduced apples with it and she loved it. I then gave her pumpkin to try and she loved that as well. Then we tried pears and sweet potato all which she loved. I am going to try banana and apricot next. Catherine had no reaction to solids at all thank goodness and she really loves it. She has it for breakfast and lunch and i am going to give her dinner when she turns 6 months in a months time.

2 Perfect Girls Catherine7/8/05 & Mirelle17/10/07

I was so lucky in that DD took to solids like a duck to water. She loved every-thing I gave her accept potato (on its own). She would screw her face up like I had served her up warm dog poo - LOL. Not that I know what warm dog poo tastes like - ha ha ha. Once I read on this site to mix it with another veggies, she was right. I think DD's favourite would be yoghurt. I always mix in some fruit too - yum yum.

Your right, there is some classic faces. I love the ones she pulled when I first tried her on my home made ice blocks. She was fascinated with the cold sensation as the taste (pear) wasn't new to her.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic