Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Pressure to start solids early Lock Rss

Hi

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. My mother is pressuring me to give my 5 mth old solids and my SIL to give her 4 mth old solids. I have told her 100 times that the recommendations are now 6 months, but any problem (ie a bad night or grizzles) she attributes to the baby being hungry. She said to my SIL the other day, "he is a big boy and he needs more than just your milk if he is going to grow up big and strong" GRRR! I am determined to wait until 6 months but its hard when you don't get support for doing what according to the experts is the right thing.

Michelle,SA,DD1 4 yo, DD2 9/8/05

I got the same thing from my Mum, MIL and my FIL partner at the same time (bubs was 3-4 months). The only thing that kept me going was my SIL who has two kids the youngest 2 kept telling me, you do what you feel is best for your baby, if you want to wait.... you have your sister in the same situation you both can feed off support from each other, don't start until your ready.

Jeninne, WA, Bradyn 24/11/04, #2 Ryan 01/12/06

Sign in to follow this topic