Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. How much solids for a 9 month old.

How much solids for a 9 month old. Rss

HI Everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how much solids a nine month old should be eating. At the moment my son is having two solid meals (120g each meal) and three bottles a day. Next month I want to increase the amount of solids per meal but am unsure how much?

kellie, NSW, baby aden

This is something that varies from child to child. The best solution I found was to get more food ready for my son than I thought he would need, and just let him eat as much as he wanted.

Hope this helps

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

You relaly need to let your son tell you how much he wants to eat. My dd is 10mths soon and is currently eating:

breakfast 8am: 200ml of milk and a weetbix

lunch 4 hours later: 200ml milk and maybe half a jar of food (sometimes more sometimes less)

dinner around 4ish: same as lunch

Our dinner time 6.30-7pm - has a late night supper of whatever we're eating before bed

I offer drinks of water during the day but no other snacks or morning/afternoon tea as my daughter does not 'ask' for it or appear hungry until these times.

Good luck
Hi Kelly,

My son is a major piggy...and bigger than average. He is days off 10 months. He has been on 3 solid meals for 2 months now, including dessert (fruit, yoghurt or custard) after lunch and dinner. He also polishes off a minimum of 3 bottles over the day, and one guarenteed at night.

As everyone has mentioned already, your son will let you know if and when he needs more. just follow his cues,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

well my little girl is 10 months old now.she is a little piggy she gets up has a bottle 7am, then has toast ceral. then anthor bottle around 11am morning snack yoghurt, then at 2 anthor bottle maybe a cheese slice then dinner at 5pm and bottle b4 bed,,, i say as long as your bubby is happy thats all that matters,,,

kylie (30) from munno para

Sign in to follow this topic