Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. should i cut out the amount of milk he is drinking?

should i cut out the amount of milk he is drinking? Rss

Raj is 6 1/2 months. He has been on solids since he was 4 months old and loved it until recently. He currently has a bottle at 6.30am and then rice cereal at 8.15am..At 10.30am he has another bottle of formula (210ml) and then sleeps. when he wakes (about 1 1/2 hours later) i give him some egg custard..then he has another sleep from 2-3pm...then at about 5pm i find he is too cranky to eat so i give him a small bottle of formula (100mls) to settle him a bit..at about 6pm he has his dinner, which is normally some veggies with rice cereal. then play and then bath and bed time..what i am finding is that he is really fighting with me at the lunch and dinner meal times. he normally sleeps at about 7pm but will wake about 2 hours for another bottle and then wakes again 2 hours after that for another botttle.He has his breakfast with his brother in the morning and is fine. i am hesitant to cut out any bottle feeds as i am not too sure if he would be getting enough milk. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get him to eat his lunch and dinner..also is it bad to give him custard? He hates meat and only eats veggies...

Mum of 3 boys

I suggest putting him down for a nap around 5pm when he is cranky. Let him sleep for no longer than 40 minutes then wake him up. Give him a bottle and then a solid feed around 5.45. I'd then give him a bath and a bottle before bed. If he's cranky around 5 it would probably be due to tiredness. It doesn't sound like 2 and 1/2 hours sleep during the day is enough.

Goodluck

Natalie
Sign in to follow this topic