Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Recipes - Lactose Intolerance Rss

I have an 9 1/2 month old bubby. I believe she is lactose intolerance, the dr thinks its reflux. She is on the waiting list to see a peadiatrician, but until then do any mums have any recipes for lactose intolerant children. Anything would be a help, especially snacky foods, but i also would like recipes for meals too. Thanks guys.
Hi mum of twins,

I have an 8 month old baby boy who is lactose intolerant. He is on a formula called Neocate, which is lactose free. However, you can buy Soy Formula which is found everywhere. I also buy him soy yoghurt (which is yummy) it comes in different flavours like peach, strawberry and mixed berries - he loves it!! I also buy him SoGood milk, with all the added goodness like calcium, iron etc. Both these you will find in the fridge section at Coles. With regards to recipes all I do is substitue any milk for SoGood.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but the paedetrician told me that the harder the cheese is in texture the less lactose it has in it. I buy my boy just the normal hard cheddar cheese that we eat, he hasn't had a reaction to it at all.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Sam

Mum to toddler

Sign in to follow this topic