Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Breakfast Ideas? Rss

Can someone please give me some breakfast ideas for my son. He's been on solids (lunch and dinner) for about 3 weeks now and I want to introduce breakfast but dont really know what is the best thing to feed him at this stage. Can someone give me any ideas and hints?. Thanks.

Mum 2 Cameron

What does your son eat for lunch and dinner? mine normally has vegies. For Breakfast it is best to start with a rice cereal, sometimes I try to give my 8 month old some variety such as pureed fruit or baby yogurt ( petit miam ) Sometimes he will have weet bix mixed with some formula.
Good Luck!

Vic, 3 y.o boy

Hi Wildflower,

You could try a baby cereal, found in the baby section in your supermarket. There are several to choose from, depending on your bubs age. You just add milk, and mix it up.

My son hates all the cereals, i have tried them all. So he has a banana for breakfast, i have even tried to put some cereal in his banana mush, but he's too smart. So plain banana it is!

Also, you aren't suppose to give them weetbix till after 12 months, as it is too complex for their tummys to digest. I would assume this would be the case for most normal, adult breakfast cereals.

Goodluck,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi there
I was feeding my bub Vitabrits from about 8 months (I think??) He now has 2 1/2 with milk for breakfast. Vitabrits were recommended to us as they do not contain sugar unlike weetbix. I havn't heard that their tummys are unable to digest it???? Hope it isn't true.....as all baby books recommend porridge! (YUK)

Friends of mine feed their bubs fruits, cereals and toast.

Have fun!

mum of 1

Hi, I try to vary Ezrah's breakfast as he gets bored. He has FruityBix, Porridge with apple puree & Cinnamon (home made), fruit with yogurt and sometimes vegemite on toast. I just swap and change as soon as I notice he's not scoffing it down!
Hi again,

It's only what i have heard about weetbix, i may be wrong! As long as your bub is settled, i am sure he has had no problems with it. I really hope i didn't cause you any worry,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

My understanding with the weetbix question is that it is too high in fibre for their system to cope with and as a result will interfere with absorption of other nutrients.

When my son was 9 months old we had the Farex oatmeal muesli, which he loved. We tried him later on cornflakes which were ok, but he got bored with. He now often has marmite toast or honey puffs (honey puffs are lower in sugar than most other cereals according to my plunket nurse)

Best of luck

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

Hi guys,
My son has been eating Lite-Bix (made by Sanitarium) since he was 7 months old, it has no added sugar or salt. I also add a couple of tablespoons of Heinz 'Baby's first muesli' to it as well. Lite-Bix was recommended to me when I had gestational diabetes so its great if your worried about too much sugar in your baby's diet. It costs only $3 dollars for a 550g box (36 biscuits) and you should be able to get it at any supermarket. I get it at Bi Lo.
how about semolina? just make up as directed on pack i mix some fruit in it

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic