Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. When and how to introduce diary food

When and how to introduce diary food Rss

Can anyone help me

I want to start to introduce diaryfoods to my 61/2 month old son. He started solids at 4 months and loves eveything I have given him except fish and the Heinz vege and chicken (he spat that). This includs beef and lambs fry.
How do I go about intrducing cheese etc and can he have butter and eggs.

Any suggestions?

Tineka, Mum to Hamish 3yrs, Abby 1yr & 1due 10/04

hi
start slowely incase he has a reaction to it, you can give him egg yolk but not the egg whith until 12 months(not sure why) I used to put a yolk in Aimees mashed veges or you could try butter in the veges or on a piece of toast.
you can get the jars of baby custard and yogort from the supermarket, he might like those.

Good luck

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Hi Tineka

You could try putting some grated cheese on your son's vegies, or mix some yoghurt in with his breakfast. Just give a small amount for the first few days to make sure he doesn't have a reaction. The reason for only giving egg yolk and not the white is because some babies find it difficult to digest the protein in egg white. It's recommended to wait until 9-12 months to introduce dairy and eggs if there is a family history of allergy.

Hope this helps
Jasmine smile
Thanks for all your advice, I will try it all. I am pretty lucky because he eats nearly everything I give him.

Tineka, Mum to Hamish 3yrs, Abby 1yr & 1due 10/04

Sign in to follow this topic