Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Won't stop spilling!!!! Rss

Hi,

My 6 month old boy won't stop spilling after his feeds. How long does this go on for???? Also, how do I get the smell out of his clothes, and my husband's and my clothes, as they smell of off milk even after I wash them about two - three times????

Rebecca

Rebecca, NZ, Boy born 30/10/03

My son George is 17 months old and still occasionally spills, but mostly has silent reflux now. I am expecting he will be over it by 2 yrs old.
I found that using fabric softener (lily of the valley from the Cuddly range was best) helped to remove the smell.
I remember a couple of times he lost the whole feed after a breastfeed, before I had a chance to put him down. You end up sitting there for a moment wondering how you'll get up without covering the furniture in it too! We ended up having to share a bath, with all the clothes going straight into a warm wash.
You will find that things do improve, and believe it or not you do laugh about it later.

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

Hello everyone. We had the same problem and a lady said the other day she used vanilla essense either in the wash or soaked the clothes in water with some in it. I wasnt too sure if you soaked a light coloured item if it would stain as vanilla is very dark?She also said she used vanilla fridge cleaner on carpets etc and it got the smell out. I havent tried it myself. Good luck
Hi Rebecca
Aimee stopped spilling at about 10 months although she still spills occasionally even now, a friends baby was also very spilly and had mostly stopped by about 9 months.

I never noticed the smell of my clothes or house, but everyone else probally did, I just washed them in cold water with cold power.

If your worried about your son see the plunket nurse (mine wasnt much help) or see the doctor.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Hi everyone,

I have a bit of a problem with this too! I use big bibs on him permanently, and probably go thru about 6 a day. I have a bucket filled daily with hot water and napisan, and this seems to do the trick for us.

I would certainly give the vanilla a try, and i will verify it works with smells on carpets,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Thanks Guys,

I'll have to try the vanilla! Tepe keep in touch about whether it works on carpets or not. Thanks to all of teh replies, I don't feel as bad about it now!!

Rebecca

Rebecca, NZ, Boy born 30/10/03

Hi Rebecca,

I have tried it, and it works, the smell hangs around for a while so be sure you like vanilla.

Just wanted to also say, your son has a great birthday, the same as mine. wink

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Sign in to follow this topic