Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Plastic in microwave? Lock Rss

l have heard that heating food up in a plastic bowl in microwave is harmful to babies. Just curious as to what you girls us when you go out? It just seems easier to me to use plastic bowls with a lid.
As long as you use microwave save bowls/containers I don't see that there's a problem. I have some baby bowls that are microwaveable but the lids aren't so I have to remember about that.
i have hurd if the plasitc has recicle number 7 or 3 on the bottom to not heat it thats to do with all the pba ect,

but make sure its microwave proff and youll be fine!
We were given a couple of the childrens melamine sets and one is microwave and dishwasher safe and the other one is not. Just check and make sure its all approved for the microwave and you cant go wrong

Mackenzie 06/02/2008

Personally I would not risk heating food with plastic as we don't really know how many chemicals from the plastics leach into our food. It maybe a tiny amount but do you want to take that risk? Just do a search on the Internet to find out more.

Also, do we really know how much the microwave alters the composition of foods? I think that foods taste different when they are heated in the microwave so where possible, I would heat my baby's food in a glass container (eg.pyrex) and heat the food in hot water in the sink rather than the microwave.

Just do a search on the Internet, you'll be surprised what you find. But definately avoid plastic numbers 3, 6 & 7 with food.

SA, 2 boys

Sign in to follow this topic