Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Is he ready for solids Rss

My 31/2 month old son seems ready for solids. He usually drinks 180mls formula, but for the last week or so he only drinks from 75 to 120mls and once he hits 60mls he keeps spitting out bottle and still appears hungry.
He mouths his hands alot and watches us intently when we eat our tea.

Do you think these are signs of readiness to start solids?. I thik I might buy some rice cereal today and maybe give him a try this evening.

Please offer your suggestions

All the best

2 Under 1

hi there, both of my older children were on solids by 3 1/2 months. So i'd say go for it. Be sure to only offer him about a teaspoon full to begin with. If he likes it, after about a week offer him slightly more. Good luck.

Aleks, SA, 5yr old girl, 9yr old boy&bubs 10.4.04

Hi Zacsmum

These are some of the signs of readiness for solids however I would think that if he was really ready he would be drinking excessive amounts of formula not going the other way. Perhaps there is another issue there... it could be teething etc.
Personally I would check with a clinic nurse or doctor before starting that early, on the other hand I have heard of other people who have started early and haven't looked back.
My bubs displayed the same signs as your bub when she was a tiny bit older but was still content and gaining heaps of weight so I didn't start her on solids till 5 1/2 months.

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

Sign in to follow this topic