Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Starting Solids at 16 WKS Rss

I have made the decision to feed my baby girl solids at 16wks . She is forever putting things in her mouth,staring at us and babbling whilst we are eating and has began night waking when she usualy would sleep through.. just starting with plain rice cereal but am worried due to being flooded with dos and donts from other mums.. my baby girl Jorjah is 7.5 kilos and i think i am making the right decision.. love to hear your stories and imput

24 year old mum to 2 beautiful girls

Hi Rebecca, just do what YOU want to do. Jorjah will soon let you know if she is ready or not!
All the best
Jo

mum of 1

Hi rebecca,
I started my little on on ceral at 16 weeks after weeks of poor weight gain, it was suggested to me by my doctor & clinic nurse.
She is now thriving!
It was only a few years ago that we were being told that babies can have solids at three months!
I agree, you should do what is right for you and your baby.
Rebecca,

There is nothing wrong at all starting now. My daughter was 4 months when I started & she had it for about a week & then went off them. After a few weeks I tried her again on some baby yogurt & she loved it so we started again. My son was 4 months too & he loves his food. I started on rice cerial & then began to mix other things with it like banana, apple, etc. Just keep it simple for awhile & see how you go. She may love it or hate it. Either way, YOU choose, no one else.

Good luck & happy eating!

Michelle - Mum to 2

My baby was always a hungry baby. I started her at 14 weeks, not due to poor weight gain mind you, she was gaining at twice the rate babies usually do at that time. She just wanted food, so i gave her rice cereal mixed with breast milk. The first day i made it really runny, by 16 weeks she was having it thicker, even with some lumps. I have been told not to do that, but you know your baby and you know what Jorjah is ready for. (I love the spelling! My friend has a little girl called Jorja, but before this i've only seen it spelt Georgia) If you give her rice cereal and she eats it with no problems you can move on at her rate to other foods then. Good luck and have fun, i did when starting Hannah on solids.

mother to Hannah born August 9 2003

Sign in to follow this topic