Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

when 2 introduce veges?? Rss

hi guys,
my 4 and a half month old has been on solids for about 2 and a half weeks. Each evening i give her rice cereal and have just started adding some apples to it. Just wondering when i can introduce pumpkin potatos etc and how much to give her?? Also i am interested in how much rice cereal other bubs are eating at around this age??
thanks

24 year old mum to 2 beautiful girls

Hi Rebecca

Perhaps you could try pureed pumpkin, sweet potato or carrots. Normal potato can be a bit starchy for little babies so sweet potato is a great alternative.

I usually give my baby as much as she wants unless I feel the amount is excessive. If you are giving a bottle/bf first then she will definantly show you when she has had enough.

Good Luck!

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

Kristi,
You covered it well. I would have said exactly the same. I feed my son until he won't eat anymore, but with his veggies he has to have tomato sauce on them, he refuses them otherwise.
Kristy

member since 2004

I gave my little girl mashed potato at 4 months, and added different veges to her diet each week, but keeping the potato base. I gave her potato and pumpkin one week, and potato and sweet potato another week, potato and brocoli, etc, then started adding 3 veges together. She eats all her veges now, and loves variety. Just be careful with carrot and corn, the body can't digest it, so it goes straight through them.

mother to Hannah born August 9 2003

Sign in to follow this topic