Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Celery ???? Rss

DD is on a sensitive diet. I need to try a couple of new low chemical based foods. Basically we are working out what she reacts to and what she doesnt. Most are veggies we don't eat like bamboo shots, leek and lentils. I am interested in these ones and would love your thoughts:

brussel sprouts
cabbage
celery
green beans

Have you tried any of these?
How did you prepare them?
Would you consider giving celery raw as a finger food?

Thanks so much !

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi Kazi,

We meet again smile I have given green beans just cooked them well and blended them up like all her other veges. Been wondering about celery myself would be interested to see what others say. Catherine will not be getting brussel sprouts in the house i hate them although my Mum said she will give them to her. Cabbage i am a bit werry of due to gas stomach aches and my DD suffered with slight case of colic and is getting over reflux now so i will wait a while with this as well as cauliflower and brocholi.

2 Perfect Girls Catherine7/8/05 & Mirelle17/10/07

Hi Kazi,
I give celery to allira as a finger food. She loves it. She has never choked on the stringy bits but if you are concerned about that just pull them out, it's quite easy.
Jo.

Jo, Tassie. First Daughter Allira 20/6/05

Hey Kazi!

I also give celery as a finger food - but after it has been cooked - this way all the nutrients are still there and you don't have the worry of her choking.

Arianna loves it - and she eats it with all her other veges! We microwave it as well - not boiled - because otherwise it won't have all the goodness. She also has lots of green beans as finger food as well! She loves greens...i used to always get lectured that it would give her wind - but we have never had any problems and she usually tries to knock us down to get to them! May as well make the most of it whilst it lasts!!! lol

Hope this helps! Aletha

Arianna, Reagan & Oakley

Sign in to follow this topic