Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Cheese Lock Rss

Just wondering when it is safe to give your baby cheese? can it be any cheese or does it have to be cheese specifically for babies? Any babies had any allergies to cheese?

Cheers, Angelique

My 2 Angels, Vanessa 10 & Tahlia 2

I have just started giving my DD cheese just full fat cheese i just bought a block and give her pieces and she sucks on it. I also often mix it in with her dinner.

2 Perfect Girls Catherine7/8/05 & Mirelle17/10/07

Hi! Angelique,

My daughter, Arianna, has a peice of cheese everyday if not two! I have found it really hard with dairy food - because I seem to be buying two of everything. The NO FAT for me! And full fat for Arianna! It's bizarre!

I buy the cheese slices for Arianna as this seems to be easy for her to handle - and softer - so I don't have to worry about her choking...however she is past this stage now.

FYI - I was told never to give a child low fat food because of the sodium content and it can damage their kidneys... I think it's sodium. I know it's some type of additive though.

Good Luck!

Arianna, Reagan & Oakley

I've been giving DD cheese since she took to finger foods, about 7 months. She has thumb size chunks of full fat cheese and cheese slices. I recently tried a cheese stick too, it went down really well actually. In the beginning, I watched DD closely as some-times she would bite a bit to big of a chunk off. It does seem to dissolve / melt in her mouth though and she has never gagged on it. As far as allergies, I think its mostly dairy in general.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic