Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

avacado Lock Rss

my 5 month old has just started solids... she refuses farax but loves avacado. iv'e been told this is fine to give her along with banana,but she won't touch jar food(like apple pear etc) i plan to make my own food.. also she used to poo every day mabey 3 times a day but now its every second or third day,do you think this is fine...........

she seems happy enough and hasn't reacted

Lillie....1 year old!!!

The decrease in "pooing" is their body adjusting to solids. When my bub started solids he used to get constipated but nothing 20ml of prune juice wouldn't fix! He also didn't like rice cereal but we persisted & now he doesn't want to change to normal cereal! I stewed my own fruit etc, mashed or pureed it, to give to him. Avocado is such a "tasteless" food so she should get no allergic reaction to it. Hope this helps.

Josh''s mum 3 y.o

I think every 3 days is just fine, quite healthy really. If your bubs is happy enough, then your doing a great job. Bubs will probably change her habbits each time she tries new foods. I dont give DD banana much as can constipate her. I haven't tried avacado yet, although heard its a good alternative for a spread on a sanger. I'll have to give it a go now I've heard your bub loves it so much.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi mimmy,
have your tried to switch to Heinz in stead of Farax?
Also my son got constipated on the rice cereal so i give him babies first muesli by heinz. He loves it and isnt constipated anymore.( although it says it's for 6mths on wards)

Rachael, Kobe 21/8/2005

Both my children loved avocado as babies - they still do. For about 6 months my son had an avocado sandwich for lunch EVERYDAY!!! He wouldn't eat anything else. Now my daughter (just turned 1) has avocado sandwiches everyday. I think it's pretty normal for their poos to slow down when they start solids, if she seems happy I wouldn't worry too much. I've been told that banana can constipate them as well, I didn't know avocado could too - we definitely haven't had that problem, Lily poos at least 3 times a day LOL!!! As for cereal - they don't have to have baby cereal. It's just a good first food because it's low in allergens and is usually fortified with iron. You could try cooking some rice yourself and pureeing it up with formula or breastmilk. Adult cereals aren't recommended for babies under 12 months, I don't know if that applies to porridge though - maybe check with your chn, it could be a possible alternative for baby cereal.

Jasmine
Sign in to follow this topic