Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. Does a solid replace a bottle????

Does a solid replace a bottle???? Lock Rss

Please help as i am unsure. My little boy is 5months and polishes down his bottle every three hours religiously. I upped the amount to 250mls but he's still hungry.
Recently i have given him baby food. He eats the whole jar and for him, this replaces the bottle. Is this what he is suppose to do? Is this normal? I only do this once a day.
He eats everything- custard, puree pear and apple, sweet corn and pumpkin, farax. He enjoys sitting at his high chair and opens his mouth straight away when the spoon goes near him.
If this is what he is meant to do when starting solids, can someone please message me to reassure me that I am doing the right thing!!!???

Karen, NSW, 5 month baby boy

Hi Karen,

Sounds like you have a wonderful healthy growing baby boy,

I have been advised by health nurses that a baby should drink 150mls for every kilo of their weight.

So if he is getting the right amount for his weight then I would not worry too much about it.

My little girl is also 5 months and eats 2 solid meals a day and only drinks about 120mls per bottle and has 4-5 a day.

i spoke to doc about this and he told me it was fine and not to worry as she was putting on weight well.

Hope this helps.
i was always advised not to replace food with a bottle but the way your little man is eating i wouldn't worry about it,he sounds happy and healthy
xxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Sign in to follow this topic