Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. What do your kids have for brekkie?

What do your kids have for brekkie? Lock Rss

Every morning Kohen has 2 weetbix. He gets funny if I try to give him anything different LOL.
The rest of the day he is fine with whatever I give him, but he does not like it if I try to mess with his breakfast!!

well, we have production line on our breakfast bar ... whatever it is they all get the same, except my eldest (near 13) he gets what he wnats.
Now, DH is the breaky maker here so sometimes it is homemande pancakes
rice bubbles with milo and sugar
weet bix
porridge
mueseli
poached eggs on toast. it varies and it the kids most favourite and fun time of the day..
ds has a weetbix and toast
dd has whatever ceral (nutra grain weetbix coco pops) and then a bowl of yoghurt and piece of toast she is a piglet
Breakfast they're ok but I made cheese and vegemite sandwiches for 9 weeks one school term because that's all DS wanted.

Have you tried adding fruit to the Weetbix?
LOL yeah I have, he doesn't want to know about it! 2 weetbix, no fruit, no sugar, just plain weetbix! Yuck! LOL! If I eat weetbix I cover it in sugar... Bad I know!

It doesn't matter, at least it's healthy! Just curious what your little ones enjoy!

my DS gets like that. He likes peanut butter on toast. Sometimes i tell him we have run out so he will have something else!
breakfast is a struggle in our house.

ashlee wont eat ANY cereal. and she wont drink milk.

It used to be toast every morning and i'd offer fruit as well but she's gone off toast lately.

So it can be any of the following

*Fruit platter - strawberries, grapes, pear, peach,banana etc (she'll pick at each)
*Spaghetti /baked beans
*Avocado sandwich

I am constantly trying to introduce different cereals but with no luck
My kids chop and change from day to day...the choice they get is:

Weetbix and milk, or weet bix with vegemite on top.
Rice Bubbles
Corn Flakes
Fruity bites
Spaghetti on toast or just normal toast and spread
Yoghurt and peaches.

3 Gorgeous Girls!

DS is nearly 5 and has 2 weet bix EVERY morning!!!
No matter what other cereal I buy he will only eat weetbix!!!
Even if he has bacon & eggs he likes his weetbix first!
My kids have only ever had weet bix

now they are older I break it up during the school holidays with other cereals (cornflakes, ricebubbles & if on super special nutrigrain & cocopops or milo)

DD has 2 pieces of vegemite toast & a piece of fruit
&
DS has baby porridge or weetbix and 1/2 a piece of vegemite toast

DD will not eat any type of cereal I got sick of making it for her only to have her throw it on the floor

Posted by: little boy blue
Every morning Kohen has 2 weetbix. He gets funny if I try to give him anything different LOL.
The rest of the day he is fine with whatever I give him, but he does not like it if I try to mess with his breakfast!!

My DD is exactly the same, apart from sometimes she likes to have a piece of banana after her weeties LOL

Crazy Kids!!

was Bubbagirlsmama

Sign in to follow this topic