Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

yummy recipes for 7.5mth olds Lock Rss

hi all

after all the dramas i have got emmah eating homemade vegies!!!!! i have made up a mix with potato, carrot, cheese, tomato paste and rice, (which she loves) does anybody have any other ideas???

i would like to try giving her some meat as well?? although not sure how to cook it for her???

cheers
kristie

Kristie, tvlle, 3.5yr & newborn

Hi Kristie,
I was told by CHN to boil meat or with chicken to steam it. I have been making Max stewed beef and vegies which he loves it has
1 small onion
1/2 clove crushed garlic
1 carrot
1 potato
diced beef
cover with water and then bring to the boil then simmer for 40 minutes, then puree with some of the cooking juice. also freezes well.
Also with the chicken Max didn't like it much at first so I tried steaming chicken strips covered with thin slices of apple then puree. Also if we have a chicken dish I keep some aside and puree it up for him.
I am about to try him on a rissotto dish so will see how he goes, I have a great recipe book which I got from doubleday bookclub 'baby and toddler food' Food for life.
Cheers Ness.

mum to two gorgeous guys

Hi Kristabelle,

Meat is still a bit confusing for me too but i hit a winner last night. I made Ashleigh a little rissole, i just took out a small amount from the mix i made for myself and DH. I took it out b4 i added the salt, garlic and chilly so her's was pretty plain. I just did it in the pan with a small amount of vegie oil broke it into small piece and she had it with 2 cubes of vegies (Ate the whle lot!) I was wrapped.

Hi Kristie,
Good new about the veggies!
I often just cut up whatever meat into quite small pieces and chuck in with the veggies, and sometimes some rice, then once it's cooked puree it. As long as there's not too much water it usually has the right consistency. Mince seems to be a favourite, I haven't tried fish or cheese yet but will certainly do that now. Usually there are a few portions so I keep some for the next day and freeze the rest.
Harvey loves yoghurt and banana custard for desserts.
Aren't they lucky having all that yummy food!!

Jen and 13mth Harvey

Sign in to follow this topic