Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

HIGHCHAIR??? Lock Rss

my daughter i 5 mths on monday and is just starting on solids, not doin grea but trying!!My husband ought her a hihchair but i'm notsur wen weshould start utting her in there. Is there a specific age??

Gracie-Jean (3/11/05) Jayden(1/7/08)

hello
i put off buying a highchair until summer was sitting up unsupported on her own, but when i went to get one most of them recline for younger babies,

Freaked2002, 3 girls 07/03 09/05 & 06/07

Hello again,
I think I put my DS in his highchair about 5 months ish. Can she sit up for a few secs before toppling over? If it is quite a supportive one she should be fine in there. My'n has a cushiony bit which I have just taken out, it gave a bit more support and height for when they are small. Also had a recline feature so they could lie back a bit if tired. If yours doesn't have one you could probably use a small cushion or rolled up towels etc, just to stop her sliding around too much. Just keep it going bit by bit with the solids. Sometimes they take great leaps forward, wolfing down everything, then a couple of steps back, not having any of it! Just try and be consistant and not worry too much as it can be upsetting at feed time for you both if it doesn't go well. Feels great when it does go right tho.
Have fun!

Jen and 13mth Harvey

my bub is too 5 months old we don't have a highchair but we have a walker and i put her in that with a pillow under her feet to feed her
xxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

I put DD in hers from 6 months when I started solids. It reclined a little which was excellent. I strapped her in so she was well supported. I didn't put the tray on though as she could barely see over the top - LOL. I found the highchair handy for other things too like when I was having a shower or cleaning the house. DD could sit up high and watch me - LOL.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

I started feeding Sam solids while holding him on my lap or hubby holding him. He is a bit of a wriggler and easily distracted. We bought a highchair and it is great, he gets to sit at the table with us and is much easier to feed. I did take the tray off for now though as it comes up to his chin.
Good luck Gracie-jean's mum
My daughter got her heighchair last Christmas from grandparents and she was 6 months old when she started sitting in her heighchair and she thinks she is the queen, but she looks so cute and sitting here looking at you and smiling with a big grin.

Now Jaye is 9 1/2 months old and when it comes to dinner she cant wait to get into her heighchair. And I think it depends on the baby if they aready to sit in a heighchair.

Good luck.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic