Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. Commercial cheese sticks - what age can you give them to your baby?

Commercial cheese sticks - what age can you give them to your baby? Lock Rss

probaby about 9 months should be ok you may have to cut them into bite size pieces as my boys always try to stuff the lot into the mouth!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

That made me laugh vkw, as that is exactly what my boys did at that age- no matter what food it was. My two year old is only now learning that no-one is going to take his food away and he can eat it slowly.

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

would it be cheaper to buy the big blue box 750gm block. kraft chedder and cut it up yourself????? rathe then the sticks and the wedges?

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Hiya,

Good idea Chelby, smile I hadn't thought of that, it would be worth a comparison. I buy the huge 1kg sliced Kraft cheese, but it's not indervidually wrapped, i just wrap it into the 3 piles it comes in. It is about $7.80 i think, not on special. I reakon the block might be cheaper. I will check that out on Wednesday....

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

I had thought of that, but from what I remember, it is a bit harder than the sticks or wedges. Maybe it's different since I bought it though. I definately bought it when my kids got a bit older though - much more economical.

Forgot to mention that I cut the kraft cheese with a vegetable peeler to get thinner slices. Much easier to handle for bub and no choking risk.

Love the vege peeler idea Nyrrek...thankyou!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Sign in to follow this topic