Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. Baby not interested at all in solids at 8 months old

Baby not interested at all in solids at 8 months old Lock Rss

Hi,
I have a 2 year old SON who took to food instantly at 5 months. This baby is totally different, and have delayed solids until 6 months. The thing is it's almost impossible to get the spoon in his mouth, either his tongue is in the way or he's busy navel gazing. He's a bit behind my other child in most things and so have not forced the issue, however he is drinking about 1000ml of fomula a day. How late is too late for him to "Get' eating from a spoon.?His fine motor skills aren't very good and so finger food is not working either.I stopped altogether for 2 weeks, and when i tried again the same thing happens.When you actually manage to get some in he seems to quite enjoy it! should i give up and wait another month? Or soldier on?

Brooke,Vic,Sullivan 27 months Lincoln,7 1/2 months

I would say soldier on. ALL babies develope at different rates as I am sure you are aware. Keep on trying, one day it will all just click for him. It might be a lil frustrating for you but as with every trying situation.........this too shall pass.

Maybe try a different spoon, it may not sound trival but anything is worth a go right.

Good luck

Missy

Nth Qld 2 year old Shannon

Sign in to follow this topic