2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. Fat or Skinny - White or Brown???

Fat or Skinny - White or Brown??? Lock Rss

What do you give your kids?
White or Brown bread
Full Fat or skinny milk

i give both white and brown, depending on what we have at home and full fat milk.
Full fat dairy and Multigrain or wholemeal bread
The little ones eat brown bread and refuse to eat white and drink fat milk. The big ones only eat white bread, different Dad and he would only eat white bread. Kids are strongly infuenced by Dad's.

Michelle- 3 boys-17,13 & 9 -2 girls-3 & 1

multi-grain and low fat milk. It was funny about a year ago, I bought white bread and my son looked at me in surprise and said "mum, the breads white" He was so shocked, my poor kids lol.
White and Brown bread, try to do both lol

We only drink skinny milk apart from Layla who has full cream
white, wholemeal or rye not multigrain so much (they dont like it and I don't either) but will eat - it full cream milk mostly. Sometimes I decide we should get lite but its so much more expensive and I dont buy it often its only 4% fat and less than 10% fat is meant to be 'healthy'
[Edited on 04/11/2009]

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

she'll eat both breads but DH is very fussy and will only eat white bread so that is mainly what we buy.

DD won't drink milk full stop but i have offered both many times.
Posted by: knittychick
The little ones eat brown bread and refuse to eat white and drink fat milk. The big ones only eat white bread, different Dad and he would only eat white bread. Kids are strongly infuenced by Dad's.

Not here, DH only eats white bread, HATES multi or wholemeal and is not quiet about it!! LOL

My kids have never really had white bread, only on occassion if they want to take bread rolls to kinder (I buy dinner rolls)
Brown or multgrain bread - occasionally white

Full fat milk all the time for the whole family.
Only White Bread in our house

Trim milk since they were 2
DS has wholemeal or Burgen seed bread, will occasionally have white when i have nothing else in the house

He drinks full cream, but me and DF drink skinny milk, as we are trying to lose weight LOL
Sign in to follow this topic