Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

rollover feed Lock Rss

Hi guys can any one tell me when they started there roll over feeds as MCHN told me 6 -8 mths and hsushine hospital said 5-6mths

and how to do it some say rollover at 10pm soem say 10.30pm

and slowley each night reduce the 3qm feed by 20ml each nite till last 20mls and then just give roll over feed

or do you cut 3am feed staright WAY ???

seriously confused

thansk KIrsten

kirsten vic

Hey Kirsten - its a good question as I got told lots of differnet thing with this one. Personally, I think the purpose of the roll over feed is to top bubs tummy up so you can get a few hours sleep. If you give you bubs a roll over feed just before you go to bed, then the actual time doesn't matter. It can vary from night to night. If you happen to go to bed early then don't wake yourself up just to give a roll over feed - just wait till bubs wakes you up. As for the age of your baby, I think any-time is appropriate to be honest. Its not some-thing that has to be a part of a routine - just do it when it works for you. I did find with DD that when I was consistently doing it at the 9.30-10pm mark - that she got in the habbit of waking for it. Ah well, you live and learn - lol.

I'm not 100% sure about the reducing the ml for the 3am feed but guarantee other mums will be in here to help you out. Best of luck !!!

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic