Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

feeding solids Lock Rss

Ok guys, time for another question from me.

My 6mth old is on solids as well as formula , has been for about a month now, but i'm worried i'm overfeeding him.
The suggestion is that i should give him 2-3 solids a day with a 240ml bottle.

He's having solids 4 times a day.About 3 heaped dessert spoons of carrot/chicken, or apples, or pears, or pumkin/chicken, with about 150ml of formula, because he was leaving most of it otherwise.
If i don't give him "real" food at every meal, he seems to wake up hungry in between.

Have i missed something???
Is the formula more important than the solids???

This morning at 6.45 i only gave him half the solids and 240mls of milk and i'm waiting to see what happens he's asleep atm.

A few ideas would be welcomed....

Susan.

new mum

Hi Susan,
I'm no expert on the amount of solids you are supposed to be giving at 6 months but I do understand that they are supposed to be getting most of their nutrition from the formula so you may have to change something.

Are you giving the bottle BEFORE the solids. I would recommend this approach, you are supposed to be giving solids between feeds, this way they are not getting their "fill" from the solid foods.

Given that you started at 5 months I don't know if that changes anything but it may help to chat to you MC&H nurse???

I'm having the opposite problem!!!!

Aimee
Sign in to follow this topic