Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. Does your bub play with finger food?

Does your bub play with finger food? Rss

I have a 8 month old son and he seems to just want to play with any finger food I give him instead of eating it. He will have a bit of a munch on it but nothing substainal. Not sure if I am giving too soon after a bottle or food or just when he is not hungry.

Anybody else have the same trouble?
Yeah my bub does this too. (Except with a sweet biscuit!). Naughty me!!!
Maybe you could try giving the finger foods after the last bottle but before the meal? Somewhere in between. My girl doesnt have much appetite really (she is 8 1/2 months). Does your son have a appetite??
Hi Lara,

Thanks for that as I thought that I was the only Mum that had this problem!

I do give him finger foods inbetween as you suggested but he still does it. I will perserve with it though.

Jordan used to have a good appetite when he started on solids and is a pig when it comes to bottles but as he has gotten older he doesn't seem to have as big of an appetite as he used to. I don't know if it has got to do with him teething as he has gotten three teeth through in about 2 months! (he got his third on Saturday!)

I suppose our babes will get better as time goes on. Maybe I should try Jordan on a sweet bikky! hehehehehe

Thanks heaps Lara!
Sign in to follow this topic