Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. how many night feeds for a 4mth old?

how many night feeds for a 4mth old? Rss

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about how many night feeds my DS should have? He is fully Breastfed, but he still wakes about 4 times during the night, not every night but most nights.
He is a healthy weight of almost 7kg, So if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it

Hey Ally - well done, sounds like your baby is pretty healthy. DD was feeding pretty much 4 hourly up until 10 months. I was so ignourant, thinking initially that most babies sleep through from around 6-8 weeks - if not, definatley by 3 months - LMAO !!!

I really don't miss getting up 3-4 times a night like you are, its such a hard time. I have almost totally forgotten what sleep deprivation is like. So are you after ideas to try and span those feeds out or just trying to see if that is normal (as such)?

How are you coping? Do you get a chance to have a nanna nap in the day or some kind of rest?

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

hi ally,

i have a 7 week bub. and at the beginning i was breastfeeding every hr because she was what the
DR called a lazy sucker and breast feeding her had worn me out. then at 3 weeks i was breast feeding during the day and formula at night. the trouble was she got use to the bottle teet and didnt want to suck on the breast! so i just kept expressing for her until i had no more milk supply and now her sleeps have extended between 3.5-4 hrs. someone suggested(if you want to use formula) to use Karicare thickner.. i never tried it because i had to swith from s26 to Nan which was alighter formula on the stomach for my baby...

goodluck!
I'm so glad my 4 1/2 month old sleeps all through the night, he was breast fed for 2 months untill I got mastitis real bad and had to put him onto the bottle as my milk dried up. Even from newborn he would sleep all night every few days. I would advise some fruit or veg puree's and some boiled water.

Sign in to follow this topic