Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

8 mth just wont eat Lock Rss

Hi all
My 8mth old DD just wont eat any food.
I have tried both home made vegies and shop brought stuff but she just doesnt wont it. Sometimes she will eat custard brought from shop but nothing else. And homemade purees are no good.
She seem to want to eat what we are eating.
She has no teeth still.
I just would like any ideas what I could do or what else I could feed her.

Thanks
Have you tried finger foods? My DS2 hated being spoon fed, and still doesn't like it much, but loved having finger foods and feeding himself. I used to oven roast fingers of potato and sweet potato, and give him broccoli florets and julienned carrots.
I would do finger foods too, you can give her sticks of boiled carrot etc. Perhaps you could try foods that you can put in those little net things that they suck on or maybe grating foods - raw or cooked. I used to let my DS eat finger foods as he would eat more that way and ppl often comment on how well he eats. I think from memory that even though he started at 6 months that he didnt get into solids until about 9months. Good luck and try not to get too stressed about it.
I found that with DS2. I had to break off tiny pieces and hand feed him whatever we were eating. I was told that a baby's gums are really quite tough and they can still chew as long as the food is soft. It's painful and time consuming, but I found DS2 will eat anything as long as I'm eating it. It's only been recently that he'll eat weetbix, but that was because I was eating them too.

Mind you, DS2 been teething lately and I'm now struggling to get a bottle into him, but he'll at least nibble on what I'm eating. It's also forcing me to eat alot healthier - no more Macca's or HJ's for me LOL

I found that with DS2. I had to break off tiny pieces and hand feed him whatever we were eating. I was told that a baby's gums are really quite tough and they can still chew as long as the food is soft. It's painful and time consuming, but I found DS2 will eat anything as long as I'm eating it. It's only been recently that he'll eat weetbix, but that was because I was eating them too.

Mind you, DS2 been teething lately and I'm now struggling to get a bottle into him, but he'll at least nibble on what I'm eating. It's also forcing me to eat alot healthier - no more Macca's or HJ's for me LOL

[URL=http://lilypie.com][IMG]http://bd.lilypie.com

DD is 9 months and loves baby yoghurt and baby cereal. She eats food, but very slowly. I find when I give her yoghurt or cereal she gobbles it up.
My DS2 is the same age and he hates the spoon with a vengance so yesterday i just put his food on the tray and he sat there sucking it off his fingers, am busy cooking finger foods for when he gets up now. Never had any prob with DS1 he just scoffed everything tho we switched to baby led solids fairly early on, http://www.tribalbaby.org/ has some info on baby led solids if your interested
best of luck smile

Hi all
My 8mth old DD just wont eat any food.
I have tried both home made vegies and shop brought stuff but she just doesnt wont it. Sometimes she will eat custard brought from shop but nothing else. And homemade purees are no good.
She seem to want to eat what we are eating.
She has no teeth still.
I just would like any ideas what I could do or what else I could feed her.

Thanks

Hi, my 8mth year old won't eat either! Sometimes it helps to know others in the same situation smile I have been reading up on Baby Led Weaning. It is where you give your baby whole foods, like some have mentioned in this post. You make them a size that is easy for baby to hold with some sticking out so they can suck/chew on it. I have only started this yesterday and she did have a tiny bit of banana. Gagged a little but nothing of concern, she just not used to having much else other than milk in her mouth! There is a book on Baby Led Weaning written by Gill Rapley and Tracey Murkett(?) or if you google it you get most info and videos on you tube. This is how I've read about it. Basically you skip the puree stage and encourage baby just to feed themselves. My plunket nurse also suggested it. Good luck, I know how frustrating it is! smile
Sign in to follow this topic