Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Loss of interest in eating Lock Rss

Hi Everyone

My daughter has been formula fed from birth and over the last couple of weeks seems to have lost interest in drinking her bottle. She may have half a bottle if we're lucky. I have also started her on solids which I attempt once a day with her second feed of the morning. More so just to get her used to the spoon and the texture of the solid food. She doesn't eat a lot of that but my main concern is that she still has her formula. She will be swapping over from stage 1 to 2 this week on her formula also. We do have a scheduled 6 month appointment with our doctor next monday so of course I will consult with him but just wanted some advice from other mothers too. I should say too that she is still gaining weight and growing normally.

Many Thanks

SJ

hi there.
when my daughters were your bubs age i would notice sometimes they would go off their bottles when they were teething. you could try giving her smaller amounts more often maybe?

hi there.
when my daughters were your bubs age i would notice sometimes they would go off their bottles when they were teething. you could try giving her smaller amounts more often maybe?

My kids have all been the same,my daughter is six months and i just bought her a sippy cup and put cool boiled water and she loves it but im lucky she has taken so well to food

my twin girls did the same thing around that age too due to teething.
discussed it with our health nurse and she said not to worry too much as babies wont starve themselves and will drink enough to keep them going. we found that using a little bit of bonjella before their bottles helped.
good luck
Sign in to follow this topic