Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Farex nd baby rice cereal Lock Rss

DS is 12 weeks old and had his first taste of farex on Monday.. He seem to not mind it though he didn't swallow much I only gave him a few small spoon fulls..
Just wondering when other people started their babies?
My mum said I was on it at 8 weeks cos I just wanted more than milk, an DS is alot like me as a baby..
All my babies started farex early. DS1 was about 3 and a half months, DS2 was just over 3 months and DD was slightly under 4 months. Once they started on solids they never looked back.
Glad I'm not alone here haha I accidentally posted this topic twice nd I got slaughtered in the other thread.. sad

Xo

Glad I'm not alone here haha I accidentally posted this topic twice nd I got slaughtered in the other thread.. sad

Xo

I haven't read any apart from what i posted which wasn't negative only asking you to research properly about starting solids. People really only want what is best for your baby. And trying to encourage you to reconsider doing this to your baby at such a young age and just enjoy him at the stage he is at.

I haven't read any apart from what i posted which wasn't negative only asking you to research properly about starting solids. People really only want what is best for your baby. And trying to encourage you to reconsider doing this to your baby at such a young age and just enjoy him at the stage he is at.

Reconsider 'doing this to my child' I haven't done anything just given him a taste of things to come. I have done enough research nd have made the decision, I was simply asking when others took this next step. All things considered he swallows maybe not even a quarter of a spoonful. If I had of known I'd be made to feel like a bad mum I never would of asked the question. I know no one said it but it sure feels like it's implied. Forums are pretty nasty things sometimes sad

And I do enjoy him All the time!
This is one topic I have noticed people feel really strongly about and are not affraid to show it. So don't take it too personally.

I didn't start and of my kids until about 5 months but none of them would eat farax! They would only eat straight pureed apple/banana etc. Even if I put half a teaspoon of farax in say two tablespoons of fruit, they wouldn't touch it.

My little man is 14 weeks and the past 12 ~13 of them have been hideous with colic, reflux and so on...fun fun fun! The colic has settled down now and we have medication for the reflux but he still would not settle or sleep for more than 30 mins at a time...
Until today... I put a teaspoon of Farex in his morning bottle and my husband came home from work and asked me if i had traded him (bubs) in for a newer model smile as he was so content and seemed like a different baby. I say if it works do it ~ Dont let anyone make you feel bad about trying it!
I am off to the health centre today and evereyone is telling me not to tell the nurse about giving farex...I will be telling the nurse and I will not be made to feel bad about it by her or anyone else, it has worked for me today and he is finally getting the rest he needs and has never had smile

My little man is 14 weeks and the past 12 ~13 of them have been hideous with colic, reflux and so on...fun fun fun! The colic has settled down now and we have medication for the reflux but he still would not settle or sleep for more than 30 mins at a time...
Until today... I put a teaspoon of Farex in his morning bottle and my husband came home from work and asked me if i had traded him (bubs) in for a newer model smile as he was so content and seemed like a different baby. I say if it works do it ~ Dont let anyone make you feel bad about trying it!
I am off to the health centre today and evereyone is telling me not to tell the nurse about giving farex...I will be telling the nurse and I will not be made to feel bad about it by her or anyone else, it has worked for me today and he is finally getting the rest he needs and has never had smile

Wow it really does make a difference with some babies!! Thanks for sharing in glad you found what works for your bub smile my DS is 4 months now and has fruit for breakfast everyday he loves it!

DS is 12 weeks old and had his first taste of farex on Monday.. He seem to not mind it though he didn't swallow much I only gave him a few small spoon fulls..
Just wondering when other people started their babies?
My mum said I was on it at 8 weeks cos I just wanted more than milk, an DS is alot like me as a baby..

I was just wondering if it ever gave your baby constipation as i am thinkin of trying it asap due to bad reflux and settling issues. Please let me know. smile
hi my little man is 14 weeks today, you do whats right for you, everybody has their own opinions, i gave my ds rice cereal for the first time last week he only has had it once every couple of days, i have noticed that he as been sleeping a lot longer as he has reflux as well he wasn't sleeping for that long. i also gave my dd who is 3, rice cereal close to 14 weeks as well.
I started DS1 on farex when he was 4mths as he was just always hungry bottles werent enough for him, and he was eatting solids at 5 mths. He was great never had a problem with him. And im 100% sure starting him on solids early did NOT hurt him at all.
DS2 will be 4mths next week n i started him on farex last week as he has always been a spewy baby even with AR formula, ever since using farex he hardly spews.
Its ur bub u do what u think is right, Ive never heard of a baby dying or being harmed by being fed at 4mths or a litle earlier.
i started my bub around 3 months and she didnt have a problem at all = )
Sign in to follow this topic