Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. 11 month old refusing to eat. And whether to give her Mini Muffins.

11 month old refusing to eat. And whether to give her Mini Muffins. Lock Rss

Hi ladies, my nearly 11 month old is not really eating her foods. she'll drink her bottles no worries. I did drop off her morning bottle. So now she only has 3. But the past couple of days she doesnt want her food.

I dont know if its because she had a fall or because she's teething. When her first 2 teeth broke through, she ate normally, but this time she wont really have anything. She'll drink water through out the day. And she is drooling alot now. So mayby this time is different with teething? thats what i seem to think?

Also, is it ok to give her mini muffins? or is it abit too early? Do i give her savoury or sweet muffins? I printed out afew recipes from the net for kids.

Hi ladies, my nearly 11 month old is not really eating her foods. she'll drink her bottles no worries. I did drop off her morning bottle. So now she only has 3. But the past couple of days she doesnt want her food.

I dont know if its because she had a fall or because she's teething. When her first 2 teeth broke through, she ate normally, but this time she wont really have anything. She'll drink water through out the day. And she is drooling alot now. So mayby this time is different with teething? thats what i seem to think?

Also, is it ok to give her mini muffins? or is it abit too early? Do i give her savoury or sweet muffins? I printed out afew recipes from the net for kids.

Definitely sounds teething related, dont worry - she wont starve, its completely normal.

I think home made mini muffins are fine - either sweet or savoury smile
does sound like teething to me too. as long as you make sure she is well hydrated, going short on solids for a few days won't do her too much harm. just try offering her softer, cool foods, maybe yoghurts or something.

muffins are good. i would go the savoury ones, that way you can add grated vege (eg carrot, sweet potato, zucchini or whatever you have, even chopped tomatoes), and get extra into her that way if she will eat them!

The only things she seems to eat is watermelon, stick of cheese and sometimes the heinz chocolate sticks.
Usually she eats her yoghurt for lunch but she wont really eat that. i thought she would being cold, but she wont.

She wont eat her weetbix when she wakes up. Tried vegemite toast this morning and she wouldnt have that.

I dont know what else to give her in the morning.
I wouldnt worry to much. My 12mth son went off food for nearly a month. Got a new tooth & getting back on track. I was going crazy trying to offer his heaps of diff things but not interested. My mum said it norm & he will eat if he is really hungry. Also started having breast feeds through the night to make up for what he was missing in food i think. Then all of a sudden he is eating heaps more than he use to & has put on 500g in 1 week! Im less stressed about it now, but it went on for ages. Didnt put any weight on for 2 mths.

Will be fine, theyre smart little cookies & know what to do if hungry. It will pass
my little man was like this to when he was teething. someone suggested to me to buy one of those mesh baby food bags. you can put absolutely anything into them and they can suck and bite the bag.
it is frustrating tho, but it will pass.

i would be careful with the muffins and only break off very small amounts to see how she goes just in case..
Sign in to follow this topic