Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Starting 3 month old on solids Lock Rss

Ive got her apponitment with the docs on the 25th should i just wait till then to try something different. The doctor wont do anything and im not sure how long the wait time is for the peads around here.

Just try changing your diet for now and stick with BF - and give it a few days. I would stop the solids altogether as well for a while (as they might be sensitising her to things as well) - so you can start afresh. As long as she’s having enough wet nappies/day and is reasonably happy and not drowsy, she should be ok. Can you make the appointment any sooner? or find another doctor who will actually listen?

Just try changing your diet for now and stick with BF - and give it a few days. I would stop the solids altogether as well for a while (as they might be sensitising her to things as well) - so you can start afresh. As long as she’s having enough wet nappies/day and is reasonably happy and not drowsy, she should be ok. Can you make the appointment any sooner? or find another doctor who will actually listen?

Shes not happy thats thing. She is just irritated a lot of the time, she will spend hours crying/screaming. The other night it was 3 hours straight, nothing would settle her. Hence the reason im seriously trying other things to stop it. Its not because im sick of changing her or im sick of her being sick. Its because its upsetting her. Im pretty sure all the crying is related to the reflux and vomiting. As the crying didnt start this bad untill the vomiting got worse.

Theres not a lot i can change in my diet, i eat chicken, meat lots of vegies i dont really drink any milk or really eat anything dairy to begin with, ill have a little tub of frozen yoghurt every now and then but ive always had that, ive always had coke all through the pregnancy and everything and thats never effected her. So unless i give up eating meat or vegies theres not a lot a i can do.

This is the 3rd doctor ive been to this one is close to my place the other doctors are in down which is about a 20/30 min drive. I might be able to get into the doctors in town but there not usually very helpful either = /
If I was you I would be getting to a paed ASAP.

I'm sorry but if it so much of a problem, she is constantly crying and unhappy, and you really are worried then go to a paed.

Reflux can be cause not only by intolerances but also but an undelevloped valve wich van be helped by a paed.

If your so dead set on waiting until the 25th then as tempting as it may be you need to stop trying everything under the sun. you'll probably cause more problems.

Looking things up on the internet, asking advice on huggies or in the chemist for something as bad as you have described seems silly to me. None of the options you've chosen give you access to a trained professional who can physically see your child and make a fully informed diagnosis.

If you've tried looking at you diet as suggested by huggies members, solids as suggested by your doc, formula as suggested by the chemist then find out what the paed suggests!

I'm sorry to be a little abrupt but I really think you need to get serious.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

I am its just finding a doc that will refer me i have a appointment tomorrow with yet another doctor to see what they reckon and hopefully get a referal to a pead.

I exhausted every other option first as i had already been to the doctor and they said it was a phase.

He said it should of being clearing up around 4 months not getting worse.

If its true reflux then it gets worse around 4 months and eases up when they are a bit more mobile and can sit on their own.

My DS suffered from it and was medicated for it until he was 11 months. He was mobile from around 5 months, could sit from about 7 months but it still affected him.

The only other thing that would be worth trying if you havent already is smaller breastfeeds more often.
I try to give her little bit then stop sit her up for a bit then give her a little bit more then try it again. Works sometimes but not always. Nothing really works all the time for her. Hopefully the pead will be able to give me a def answer on things i can and can not do and what could and what wont work.

Be a big relief for me lol
I know exactly where your coming from. My little guy was a pain to feed with milk and can still be a pain to feed with solids.

You've tried everything, hopefully the paed can help some more.

The only thing I would suggest is try not to change everything around to quickly and often, give her time to get used to it, it may get worse before it gets better. My Ds's reflux did.

Good luck
Im expecting the worse and im expecting the speech that it will just get better in time so im bracing for a months of vomiting and crying to come.

Dosnt stop the small little hope butterfly spreading its wings though. Can only hope theres something to help the poor little muffin head.

Im just suprised that she only vomits when given BM.

It could be severe lactose intolerance. No matter what your diet, breastmilk will still contain lactose. I have a friend who had to put her babies onto lactose free formula because they could not tolerate the breastmilk. Could you be lactose intolerant yourself? If you rarely eat dairy...

Im expecting the worse and im expecting the speech that it will just get better in time so im bracing for a months of vomiting and crying to come.

A baby who is constantly crying, vomiting and miserable has something wrong!
Got a appointment on the 25th earliest they could get me in. Jeez peads are not cheap atleast 250-400 for one consultation = /

Yeah theres def not something right i can feel in my tummy.

I dont think im lactose i just dont like to eat a whole lot of dairy... except when i was pregnant and went through atleast 2 big blocks of cheese a week =/ no wonder ive got weight to loose lol

my mum is lactose though. so there is the possibility there. i cant wait to find out whats wrong. shes been pretty good today only one crying fit so far of a hour. just hope its nothing serious
shes finally settled into routine kind of aswel = )

Shes wakes between 9 and 10 has a solid feed of rice cerial mixed with BM after being up half a hour

Play gym/spin thing, story time, tummy time one of the three or all three depending on how awake she is

Has a boob feed then a sleep for about 30mins - hour

Has a solid feed for lunch between 1-2 followed by boob then play time with mum again

Little feed before going back to sleep between 4-5 for another 30-1hr

Dad comes home shower with dad usually at 6 has a massage and soft talk time with mum everynight after the shower/bath.

Dinner is between 6-30-7 which is also solids usually just before we eat then she cuddles up with me to watch home and away or plays with dad on the computer while i watch home and away

then she goes down between 8-9 after boob again

wakes around 12-1 for a boob feed then usually sleeps through till we start the day again but sometimes wakes for a boob feed around 7.

She managed to fall into her own routine which i much prefer then forcing one onto her.

With the BF's she usually throws them up only keeping down the 12-1 one usually
Sign in to follow this topic