Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

bottles and solids Lock Rss

Hey guys,

My DD is 4.5 months and has been on farex for 2 weeks now. Community nurse said to give it a go and my little girl loves it. Im not sure if its related or not, as she just had her 4 month needles and last time she stopped drinking properly for a few days, but for the past 4 days now shes had 80-120ml max from her bottles and she just doesnt seem interested in drinking them anymore. I dont know what to think!!

She loves her big girl food and I dont want to take her off it but i dont know what else to do.

Can anyone offer any advice etc please, going slightly insane over here at the moment sad
I dunno ... Is she still feeding at night? i think my daughter was like that. id freak out thinking she wasnt getting enough.

Maybe try with less of the soilds?

Or maybe she just likes her food compared to milk? I know when change happens its very difficult to deal with. but dont stress cos she'll know you're stressed too.
i was wondering the same thing.... if she likes her solids more than her bottle!! shes still a very happy baby so i know i shouldnt stress, im trying not to!!

she now has a cold, thanks to her big brother so who knows if thats the cause of all my grief too lol

thanks smile

Hey guys,

My DD is 4.5 months and has been on farex for 2 weeks now. Community nurse said to give it a go and my little girl loves it. Im not sure if its related or not, as she just had her 4 month needles and last time she stopped drinking properly for a few days, but for the past 4 days now shes had 80-120ml max from her bottles and she just doesnt seem interested in drinking them anymore. I dont know what to think!!

She loves her big girl food and I dont want to take her off it but i dont know what else to do.

Can anyone offer any advice etc please, going slightly insane over here at the moment sad

She could be feeling a bit off after her needles, I'd just ensure that milk is offered first and there is at least an hour to an hour and a half gap before offering solids. They do not have the space in their tummies to have solids and milk at the same time and milk must come first to 9 months.
yep been doing milk first..... but only waiting 30 mins before giving solids so maybe thats part of it...she also hasnt pooed for going on 4 days now.... luckily she doesnt seem to be in any pain

Shes now gone off solids too.. shes got a cold so fingers crossed when shes all better everything will be back on track!!!

thanks for the advice smile

yep been doing milk first..... but only waiting 30 mins before giving solids so maybe thats part of it...she also hasnt pooed for going on 4 days now.... luckily she doesnt seem to be in any pain

Shes now gone off solids too.. shes got a cold so fingers crossed when shes all better everything will be back on track!!!

thanks for the advice smile

Hi again

Farex is high in iron which can cause constipation - so between the farex and reduced intake of milk that'd be the cause of the no poo situation. I'd ease up on the farex, just give a really small amount and only once a day.
hi just read your thread so similar to mine if you want to check it out
Sign in to follow this topic