Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

solids Rss

hi i have a 4mth baby boy,i started him on rice cereal a week ago.When should i start him on other solids and what should i give him first.would love some feedback first time mum.

angela vic 4mth baby

Angela

With my daughter I started to introduce her to other foods when she was going well with the rice cereal and eating it (probably about 2 weeks I can't really remember). I then mixed some pureed apple, pear with the rice cereal at first before giving it on its own, then I think pumpkin was the first vege that i gave her, then i just went on from their and gradually started to increase other foods. All the best.

Julie, mum to Abby 05/02/04 & Joel 12/04/07

Angela1,

Hi there. I am a first time mum as well and I found starting solids very scary.. And still do.

My little boy is now 6months and he has only about a month ago has started on other solids other than cearal. My pediatrition told me that you can start solids any time.. So if you think that your little one is ready and you want to experiment then try.

All I done was introduced a new solid every 3 days....

Hope that this helps..

Take care and good luck.....

If you like we can email each other if you like???

Tanya

Tan,QLD,Connor 2, Mackayla 2wks old

hi tanya,thanks for replying. Im still giving him rice cereal.He opens his mouth open nowso hes getting used to it so i am going to start some fruit one of these days.I would enjoy email each other my email is angelia074@hotmail.com

angela vic 4mth baby

Sign in to follow this topic