Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

food aversion Lock Rss

For a few weeks now my DD hasnt been drinking her bottles, well shes been having a little and ive been giving her her formula with her foods as suggested by community nurse.

yesterday i went back to the community worse who suggested the problem could be silent reflux or food aversion.

Everytime she sees the bottle coming at her u can tell she doesnt want it so my guess is shes having issues with the bottle, not whats coming out of it.

ive tried a sippy cup, no luck.... im at my wits end, as shes gone from bad to worse in the last two weeks. Some days all up shes getting is 300ml then like yesterday 480ml

By the end of the day im in tears, shes over it and its one unhappy household...... im a single mum of 2 and doing it all on my own so i just need some advice

thanks smile
how old is your dd

how old is your dd

oops, sorry, shes almost 8 months old
So she could be getting more interested in foods. I would not worry so much about the intake of formula because she would be starting solids. My ds starting dropping bottles when starting the solids.
Just offer say formula when she more likely to have one eg morning, afternoon.
Her body won't starve it self if she does not want it then dont make a fuss about her having it. Then she will really dislike having it.
I hope this makes sense i wish you had of seen this show last night this mother had a 4 year old girl and since she was young could not get her to eat normal food so she would end up giving her sweets like ice cream and she would make a big fuss towards her daughter at meals times to the point she would push food down her throut because she was losing weight.

As soon as she was told not to make a fuss towards her mealtimes and what she was eatting and drinking her daughter started eatting right.
So if they dont want it dont worry. There body wont starve, she will drink when she wants.

So she could be getting more interested in foods. I would not worry so much about the intake of formula because she would be starting solids. My ds starting dropping bottles when starting the solids.
Just offer say formula when she more likely to have one eg morning, afternoon.
Her body won't starve it self if she does not want it then dont make a fuss about her having it. Then she will really dislike having it.
I hope this makes sense i wish you had of seen this show last night this mother had a 4 year old girl and since she was young could not get her to eat normal food so she would end up giving her sweets like ice cream and she would make a big fuss towards her daughter at meals times to the point she would push food down her throut because she was losing weight.

As soon as she was told not to make a fuss towards her mealtimes and what she was eatting and drinking her daughter started eatting right.
So if they dont want it dont worry. There body wont starve, she will drink when she wants.
it make alot of sense thanks smile

i think its partly my fault cause i know i go get frustrated and she can sense it, i think she tenses up ready for mummys stress out lol

im just worried that shes not getting emough iron, the community nurse is too, thats the big problem and what worries me the most

her weight is of an 8 month old and her thighs are massive lol its just the iron
If your worried about her iron levels there is an iron supplement for babies at pharmacys and if she does not want to drink the formula you can use this supplement in water and its tasteless.
Sign in to follow this topic