Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Solids & going away Rss

I'm going away interstate for a couple of days with my 7 mth old. She refuses to eat the jar baby food. I have tried her on the motherly cubes, which she eats the veges but not the meat or chicken. Any suggestions / tips on what to give her while away

Julie, mum to Abby 05/02/04 & Joel 12/04/07

The big question is where you are staying is it close to shops, do you have all the normal everyday items ; Frezzer and microwave or stove? And are you driving or flying? which ever how long is the trip.
sorry I dont want to sound nosey but it might give everyone a better idea of what you might be able to do! I went away a few months ago to my parents (2 hour flight) I took what I would need for the flight and spares (just in case) that would be fine out of the fridge such as fruit, biscuits, and canned custard and sandwiches. And when I got to my parents I just went and brought what I needed for my stay and cooked it up there. Your situation might be different. I hope this helped any way.
meli

Mummy to 3 Boys

Hi Meli

Thank you so much for your reply. I was a bit vague wasn't I. At this stage we will be staying with friends, however I don't wish to start cooking as I don't think it will be very convenient to do so. I have been thinking about it and as I am in Sydney its not such a long flight to Melbourne and I can take some of my own basic frozen cubes in an esky or something and hopefully they should be Ok until they reach the freezer the other end and then buy some motherly cubes to make a bit of variety and as you mentioned sandwiches and fruit are easy, and they don't need to be refrigerated and she likes the only organics desserts and fruits. Thanks again for replying.

Julie, mum to Abby 05/02/04 & Joel 12/04/07

Hi abs,

You may find the airline will store the food for you during your flight. When I went to Sydney they stored my sons bottles for me, maybe you could ring the airline?

Sal
Sign in to follow this topic