Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

preparing bubs food Rss

hey, im just wondering how you heat your babies food up?
i was preparing my daughters dinner last night and was going to put the ice cube of pumpkin in the microwave when my mum yelled at me and gave me a huge lecture on it. is it that bad to heat it up in the microwave ive seen heaps of mothers do it.

whats your views on heating up food in the microwave?

Kayla Elizabeth (10/1/06) Mummy''''s Angel

I think microwaves are fine, just have to be mindful that the food/fluid continues to cook even after you take it out of the microwave. What did your mother say was bad about it? I use to leave my frozen cubes in the fridge over night, then 30 seconds in the microwave to warm them just enough for DD to eat.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

oh my gosh i always use the microwave

i take the cubes out n the morning to defrost then warm them in the microwave
have been doing it for 2 months and Lillie is still kicking lol

let me know if im in the wrong though

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Microwave for sure! Like your other replies, make sure that you stir and let cool to avoid burning baby's mouth with a hot spot. Also, regarding the killing of bacteria, it is recommended that you heat the food until it is hot, then let it cool before offering it to your hungry one.

Reheating with boiling water is a bit more even and safer, though who has the time to do that when a hungry baby is around?

SJ
I use a bowl of hot water and heat it like a bae mare I do the same for heating bottles

Monique mum 2 Haleigh & James

Sign in to follow this topic