Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

how much do you feed them? Rss

Hi mums, I have a 7 1/2mth boy who was born 5wks early and it is only now that he has started on 3 meals a day, and is enjoying everyone of them, but I am concerned as to how much I need to give him, is there a set amount of food per meal or do we just feed them as we feel appropriate without feeding too much or not enough?? Does that make sense?? As clear as mud if you ask me. Can someone help me

Bec and Oscar 7mths

Hey Bec - its a good question actually, but not really a right or wrong answer. Does your bub give you any kind of sign when he has had enough? I was really lucky in that DD wouldn't open her mouth and would turn her head away.

I found that how much I fed DD varied from meal to meal (day to day). Some times she would want just one cube, other time she would eat upto 6. I could never really figure it out, I mean why some times she wanted more and others she didn't.

If your bub is giving you some kind of sign, it makes it so much easier. If not, I suppose you could just keep shovelling it in. They don't need lots of solids at this age, your really only teaching them how to eat, testing for reactions and getting them use to different tastes/textures.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi Bec,

I too have a 7.5 month old, born 2.5 weeks early. Great to hear that Oscar is enjoying his meals and what you are serving him. As Kazi has said, you could look for signs that Oscar has had enough to eat, eg head turning, loss of interest, refusing to open his mouth etc... somedays our little girl will eat and eat and eat at meal time, other days, she will just take a few mouthfuls and then make up for it the next meal time or with the bottle. I don't think that there is a set amount that they can eat as each one is different. If you dont' think that he is getting enough, just make somemore and then he will let you know when he has had enough. Hope this helps.
SJ
Sign in to follow this topic