Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. Not drinking milk - a sign of self-weaning?

Not drinking milk - a sign of self-weaning? Lock Rss

Hi,

I have a 10.5 mths old boy whom I have been breastfeeding exclusively till now.

He usually has 3 bottles of 130ml of ebm whilst I'm at work. However, he doesnt seem to be interested in his milk feeds lately. I am not sure if this is because of his solids or is this a sign of self-weaning? He has 3 solid meals a day. Anyone has a similar experience?

thanks muchly,
sharon

Hi Sharon,
My son self weaned himself at 10 month old. He woke up one morning and would no longer feed from the breast. He actually refused to drink for 2-3 days, until he finally took a bottle. I don't know if your son is self weaning, it could be a number of things. Maybe he's getting some teeth through or it could just be one of those fases they go through. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Goodluck with it all.
Cheers!
I have an 8 month old son. He is doing the same thing. He only drinks 120ml during the day - about 3 times a day - and he is losing interest in his milk. I asked the doctor about this and she said that as long as he shows interest in solids - then it is completely normal for him to lose interest in his milk. Try giving him more solids. I hope this helps.
Sign in to follow this topic