Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

what are for real milk Rss

hi my daughter is nearly 7 months old and is always trying to get my drink when i have a milo what age can i give her real milk and milo. she will drink water from any cup she can get her hands on.

sunshine, geraldton,serenity born 17/3/04

Dove

I believe that you can't give bubs real milk to drink until 12 months of age, however you are able to use full cream milk in cooking. I think there may have been another message somewhere about real milk. I'll have a look and let you know.

Julie, mum to Abby 05/02/04 & Joel 12/04/07

Dove

Just checked. There are 3 messages that i've seen relating to cows / real milk. There are 2 in this section, one about 7 down from this message, another on page 3 just before half way and another in the breast & bottle feeding section on page 2 just before half way. Have a read of those and the responses and that may help you. My daughter is 8 months and i haven't even thought about giving her cows milk. Does you daughter really know that you are drinking milo or does she just want a drink, especially yours.

Julie, mum to Abby 05/02/04 & Joel 12/04/07

Hi
Just thought I would let you know my son is the same loves my milo and milkshakes he usaully dosnt go to anything else but that! He is 9 months old and I let him have some it dosnt hurt but i give my son alot of things that other mothers wouldnt dare to! I was at a freinds house yesterday and she said to start with a litle bit now so he get use to it and shes had 2 kids and brought 4 up, I always say though start when you think you should dont worry about what everyone else says your the mum and you know best. Anouther quick thought start putting it in ceral or other things you add milk too just to see how she goes with it!
good luck
meli

Mummy to 3 Boys

Hi Meli

My clinic nurse told me you can introduce full cream cows milk in cereal etc and cooking after 6 months as some babies have an allergic reaction so it is best to start slowly.

My little girl is nearly 12 months and I sometimes let her have a little bit of my iced chocolate when I go out for coffee with friends. I have been doing that for a while!

She now has 1 cup a day of cows milk instead of formula as I am starting to wean.

Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

thanks for the replys i will wait a few months for the cows milk but i might try milo in her formula and see how she goes.

can you add milo to there formula? I was going to try that myself but thought it might turn the milk yucky! Whats your thoughts? Chocolate topping?

Mummy to 3 Boys

well i put milo in her arvo bottle and she skulled it

My mother fed all of her 4 children at 3 months and onwards on watered down cows milk, so did my grandmother etc. I know it did no harm then, So perhaps a little watered down full cream milk slowly introduced into their diet is good for them to get used to for future drinking habits.

Not to be one of those annoying do good mothers, but...Do you know how much sugar is in Milo?..it is ok every now and then but it can do some serious damage to the teeth and future teeth, perhaps a toddler formula would be a better treat for them to drink, it is loaded with vitamins and minerals and still has a yummy milk shake flavour.

4 wonderful children

Do you know how much that we put in it is the the size of a little nail just enough to put a little flavour in it!! Do you know how much suger is most products, including baby food!! I soppose you say I shouldnt be giving my son chocolate either??? Dont mean to be rude but I think if thats what we want to do than you shouldnt even bother saying anything about it!!! They are our kids as for thier teeth Im sure most will be brushing there little pegs as soon as they come through and eating fruit and other healthy stuff to help keep them healthy!! And guess what Im a do good mother I do everything good for my son in my eyes anyway!!
And for the milk, milk these days is different to the milk back than, it is more processed, I myself are not going to give it to my son till he is one but a little tast of my milk every now and than wont hurt as a little bit of everything here and there dosnt either!!!

Mummy to 3 Boys

I am sorry if I said something offensive Meli, I was not being judgemental. the reason I said it is only a few months ago I saw a friend of mine put a huge scoop of Milo into her babies bottle she told me it was the only way she could get him to drink his milk....that is why I mentioned it. My 6 year old has been on a very strict diet due to food allergies since he was 2, so yes I have a very clear understanding of food contents. And like I said every now and again and in moderation is great.
So please don't be so quick defend when there is no reason for it.

4 wonderful children

I wasnt quick to defend. If you have a problem with something your friend did dosnt mean that other mothers should cop that criticisim for it, I think for that you were quick to judge. I dont think you were offensive, I just wanted to comment on what you said and to explain what I do.

Mummy to 3 Boys

Sign in to follow this topic