Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Can I cook with cows milk? Lock Rss

Hi there
I have a 6.5 mth old DS and he has been on solids now for 2 months. He loves all food I give to him but I want to start things like tuna mornay, junket etc, am I able to use cow's milk to cook with only? Just would not taste the same if I was to make tuna mornay with formula!
Thanks
Julie

Julie, SA, mum to Thomas born 21/11/05

As far as I know NO cows milk til 12 months. Sorry that will ruin all your cooking ideas but it can make them sick....
Good Luck
Rowena
HI Julie,
I started giving milk on his cereal about 7 mths I think. He has never had a bad reaction to anything and DH and I have no known food allergies, so I didn't worry too much about it. Sounds like your Bub is feeding great so maybe you could try it and see what happens? I also gave him custard from a jar which said on it that as only a tiny anount of milk was used in proprtion to the rest of it that it was ok for Baby over 6 mths. Hope this makes sense!

Jen and 13mth Harvey

HI there

I was under the impression that you can cook with cows milk but not give your baby cows milk until 12 months of age.

Please dont quote me as I am not 100% sure. Maybe look on the internet and see what you find.

Cheers
Sign in to follow this topic