Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Bub doesn't want vegies (Help) Lock Rss

Hi,
I am finding it extremly difficult at the moment trying to get my 7 month old baby to eat vegies, he will sometimes eat them happily and then other times wont even attempt to eat them - its like he is telling me 'No way Mummy I want Custard or Yoghurt which he will happily eat! I feel sorry for him and then give in thinking that he is probably hungry! Today he had probably 5 tsp and then decided that was it so I tried tricking him by giving him a tsp of custard and then his vegies which worked but is it okay to do this? I don't want to cause problems with him eating down the track if you know what I mean? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mummy to Ryan 22.10.05 & Luke 11.9.07 Tassie

Hi,

MY 6 month old daughter can be the same.

I tried things like sweet pot because they are sweeter.
Then for those days i try pumpkin and she does not want a bar of it I do the same thing as you, one teaspoon of fruit, one of veg, then when i know she is hungry (because she eats the fruit no problem) I just keep persisting with the veg and eventually she eats it.

Not much help, but at least you know there is another mum in a similar sit to you smile

Ebony

Hi Jen
Guess what my bubs name is Ryan and we are from Tassie too. Where are you from? We are in the North.

Any way back to the topic. My Ryan seems to like sweet things better also. I have found he will gobble up rice cereal and apple like a little pig. I have given him carrot and potato and with both of the he is slow to eat it at first and screws up his face in all sorts of silly expresions. I just keep persisting and after a bit he seems to decide it is not so bad and eats the vegs. I am thinking the sweet things smell nicer.

Kel, Tas, mother to Ryan 5 mnths

Hi JenLuvsRyan when I first started giving my daughter vegies use to only take few tablespoons of vegies and other times she wouldnt have it and thats when I started to mix stock into her vegies and meat and she started to love her vegies again.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic