Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. Not sure of what solids and when

Not sure of what solids and when Lock Rss

Hi, i have a 5month old son who has been having rice cereal at tea for 4 weeks.So far he has tried apple, pear, apple & mango, pumpkin puree.I have been giving kyle rice cereal and a fruit puree at 5.30pm then bottle at 6.30pm.I did introduce pumpkin at lunch time though he didnt really like that much.I am wanting to introduce another meal but im not sure if this should be breakfast or lunch.Should i give him cereal for breakfast and pumpkin and fruit for tea?I have tizzie halls book and she said to give a savoury and sweet at meal times, but what else can they eat at 5 months?Is having two serves of fruit per day going to give them diarrea?I only want kyle having two solid meals a day until he is 6 months old.Sorry i hope this makes sense.

Vickie
SA

vickie,sa,8week old

Hi,

I have a 6 month old daughter, Khiarah, and she is having brekkie and tea.

For brekkie she has fruit puree with rice ceral (the pear and banana one)

And then for dinner she has all sorts.

For example zucchini, pumpkin, potato, squash, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, and I think that is it.

The best thing about these is you can mix them together to create a 'meal'. Same goes with the fruit puree.

Then fruit puree she has apple, pear, mango, avocado, rockmelon.

Just make sure that they are cooked fine.

I spoke to my CYH nurse and she told me that kids dont really need a lunch meal until they are 7 months otherwise you fine that they get to big to quick... But if you think that he needs it go ahead, he is your son and you know him best smile

Hope this helps

Ebony

try whatever you would like to try

DD loves banana porridge or apple/blueberry muelsi for luch(their not bad either ) lol

just experiment and he'll let u know what he likes

xx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Sign in to follow this topic