Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

potato Lock Rss

Hi

I have been told not to puree (with a blender) potato as it makes it cluggy - is this correct? When I mash it up with a fork I still get lumps in it. Can anyone tell me how to get it nice and smooth?

thanks heaps

Yvonne, WA, Beautiful Baby Boy 29/11/2005

Maybe push it through a tea strainer ? I only use jar food so I am not sure if this would work smile

Hi
Yeah potato has too much starch in it to puree unless you add some sort of fat to it ie. milk, butter. You could add a little breastmilk (not sure if that would work or not as I personally haven't tried it) or formula to help blend it a little. Or push it through a sieve or ricer. Personally I used to blend it up with either pumpkin or sweet potato so that way I could make up a big batch and freeze it. Hope I've helped smile
My daughter is 6 months and i just mash hers. (they need to get use to different textures)Sometimes i add things like pumkin, carrot & celery, Tia loves it. I also freeze it and it still looks and tastes good.

Amanda, vic, Tia 09/11/05 Jai 09/02/07

hi,

perhaps add a little boiled water to make it less clumpy when you blend it, or a little made up formula.

hope this helps.

sj
Sign in to follow this topic