Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

when to feed meat? Lock Rss

Hi all, when is it ok to puree meat with other vegies to feed bubs? I've tried the Heins 4-6 mth foods with meat but they smell kinda funky so made my own. Bubs liked it but im concerned his tummy isnt ready for it - he's now 5 1/5 mths.

Thanks just need some advice.

Quinnie and Remy (03/12/05)

Given that these days they're not recommending even introducing solids until 6 months, I'd leave off the meat for another few months. Personally I started meat at 9 months, but that's just me. I guess you'll know if bub can't handle it.

Natalie,WA

You are so right, that tinned or jarred meals can be a bit 'funky' - love that word !!! Some just smell almost like vomit - so I never really bothered. I started meat about 7 months as a finger food - chunk of chook breast and then ham off the bone. Shorlty after I started to prepare my own meat puree and veg.

I waited till 6 months, however lots of babies are started earlier with seemingly no dramas. I always kept in mind that the window to teach them to eat is 6-9 months, so there is no hurry to get them exposed to different foods. Their little taste buds are so new that any food, even pumpkin every day is a big 'buzz' to them.

I would suggest for you to hold off on meat. There are loads of veggies and fruit you can try. By introducing a new one every 3-5 days, you will find that when you run out of veggies and fruit to try, its probably a good time to try some dairy and meat.

Best of luck.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic