Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. 81/2 months Not taking any fluids

81/2 months Not taking any fluids Lock Rss

I see there are many other parents out there that have the same problems. My Daughter in the last 2 weeks after having the flu, has decided that she does not want to drink any more, whether it has milk, water, cordial, juice, etc, she will gladly take it in her mouth and pretend to suck, nothing goes missing except for about 10mls.

I have tried sipper cups, straw cups, spoon bottles. She has reflux and was born on the little side of things (5pd 8oz) and is very slowly putting on weight.

All the solids that we give her, no problem.
We are visiting a Speech Therapist, Gastroenterologist, GP & Pediatrician on numerous occasions, and they all seem to be a little bit stumped as to what to do next.

The GP has recently ordered blood tests to ensure that there are no tyroid problems, Liver tests and check her cromezones. We find out the result in the next couple of days.

If there is anyone out there that knows of what to do in this situation, please let us all know. All we can do at this stage is just keep the solids up with plenty of milk, water and pureed fruit so that she doesn't get dehydrated. We seem to be going good at the moment with this.

Catherine Qld

Hi Catherine,

You have probably noticed that I have posted several topics on this, I so know what you're going through, my bub is exactly the same, I too am giving him his fluids via food, I am not sure whether you know but Heinz Organic make baby custard in a powder format (like farex) and you add formula to it - just a tip as I find that I can get atleast another 100ml into my bub with this. You may already know of this but if not give it ago. Have you got any tips for me?
Goodluck with the results, fingers crossed that there is nothing serious going on.
Take care
Jen smile

Mummy to Ryan 22.10.05 & Luke 11.9.07 Tassie

Sign in to follow this topic