Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. WHEN TO STOP GIVING BABY RICE CEAREL FOR BREAKFAST AND TO GIVE THEM SOMETHING ELSE

WHEN TO STOP GIVING BABY RICE CEAREL FOR BREAKFAST AND TO GIVE THEM SOMETHING ELSE Lock Rss

Hi there

I have a DD who is turning 8 months old in one week. Every morning I give her rice cearel with some pureed or mashed apple or pears together with a piece of toast so she can start to feed herself and learn to chew. She is enjoying this pretty good but I would love to start giving her something else.

Are there any suggestions as to what else I can give her for breakfast.

I understand you can give her wheetbix. When can you start giving babies weetbix. I am not sure as to how to go about this. I would imagine if you offer weetbix prior to 12 months of age, you would have it give it to them with formula milk and not cows milk.

Any suggestions.

Thank you
I gave Khiarah (6 months) weetbix just the other day for the first time.

ONE weetbix and then you do put it with formula or breastmilk if you are bfeeding and then you just mush it up....

Also we tried arrowroot biccies the sameway the other day, she ate that up like no tommorrow.... she loved that. MIL said that is all DF would eat when he was khiarahs age. So we will be doing that again.

We also give her baby yoghurt on its own (banana or vanilla flavour) and sometimes we mix it with fruit puree. It depends on how i am feeling smile

Hope that gives you and bub a bit of a change....

Ebony (good luck)

Hi,

I started givng ours some weetbix with boiled water or formula and cows milk when she was around 8 months. I still give her some rice cereal on some days, other days I just give her toast with some margarine.

I too though that they couldn't take cows milk until they were around 12 months, but apparently (according the CHN) you can give it to them in cereals (I also put a splash of it in her rice cereal now) and if you make your babe's food you can put it in that also.

They don't recommend that you use it to replace a bottle of formula or breast milk, just in little bits for cereals and cooking is all good.

Hope this helps.

SJ
Hi,

I have given my nearly 6 1./2 month old weetbix and he loves it. I pour boild water on it and let it cool a bit, then add formula until it is sloppy enough.

He gets rice cereal too, but I just alternate what he has for brekky every now and then.

Jacinta, NSW young boy connor

Hi There,

I have a girl who is now 9 months and i have been giving her kids weetbix for about a month now. i make it up with her formula. She loves it. I stated by pureeing the weetbix as she had no teeth at that stage. But now she has 2 bottom teeth so i crush it finely in my hand.

I also give her cerevite & Semolina (with pureed fruit) as an alternative for her breakfast.

My QLD Gov Health book says you can offer cows milk only to prepared foods (not as a drink) from 10 months but i think i'll continue to put formula in her breakfast cereal until she is 12 months.

Hope this helps.

Baby Girl

Sign in to follow this topic