Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. 7 month old not interested in solids!

7 month old not interested in solids! Lock Rss

Hi everyone

My 7 month old (well just about - tomorrow's the big day) DS is just not interested in solids!! It is driving me crazy and I just don't know what to do!

I started him on solids when he was 5 1/2 months old and he loved it! Then he started teething and refused all things solid. He then cut 2 teeth and I managed to get him to eat one feed of vegies (mixed with a wee bit of vegemite)... he loves custard and hoes into it - but I just don't feel right giving it to him all of the time. He will eat the Baby Boost sachets of vegies every night, and he's been howing into them for the last 2 weeks - so I thought I'd try introducing a 2nd feed of solids so I bought some banana (bl&&dy $$ at the moment) cos all babies love banana right - WRONG!! Mine hates it!

I've had a shocking coupla weeks - we found out he's lactose intolerant and has been put on Zantac for reflux. He's a shocking sleeper at night which makes me think I need to give him more food - but he's just not interested!!

Any ideas? He's really interested in eating our food, especially toast, but I'm too scared to give it to him in case he chokes.

PLEASE HELP! Should I just chill?

Kez

PS - He's very active and a serial catnapper thanks to reflux

Kerry, WA, DD 09/00 & DS 11/05

Aidan went through that while he was teething...his fourth tooth is now through & he's eating well again...just go with the flow & give him as much as he'll have.

Apparently babies know what they want/need.

Good luck!

are u breast feeding because my 6 month old couldn't give a toss about solids and people even the doctor tell me she must be getting all she needs. she's a hearty wee thing (about 10 kgs) so i donot worry too much about it.

maya's mum

Sign in to follow this topic