Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. when can you stop sterilising bottles?

when can you stop sterilising bottles? Lock Rss

Hi,

my ds is 6 1/2 months old and im just wondering if anyone knew when you can stop sterilising bottles?

we use the milton method od soaking in 4 litres of water with the solution.

i was called ballo!

Hi Leesa

I think you are suppose to sterilise bubs bottles until 12 months old. My DS is nearly 9 months and I still sterilise.
Hope this helps

Yvonne, WA, Beautiful Baby Boy 29/11/2005

Hi
You will have heaps of different answers to this. if you have a look in the breast and bottle feeding section there are subjects like this in there too. Some people say that midwives told them right from birth that it's fine not to sterilise just make sure you're cleaner them really well and in hot water. Then you hear people say 12 months is a safe time to stop. It's really a matter of personal choice. I didn't stop until 12 months but when you think about all the feral stuff that bubs put in their mouths and when their crawling on the ground and eat their hands, it makes you wonder why you sterilise anything at all...LOL!!! Do want feels right too you. Even if you don't sterilise the bottles but keep doing the teats may be? smile
Hi Leesa,

According to the books they say you can stop sterlising bottles from when your baby is 6 months old. I am going to sterlise and boil water until 12 months. Personal choice I guess as to when you want to stop sterlising. I like to have the bottles sparkling clean as bateria can grow quite quickly in milk etc.

hey,

my bub is 6 months, and i went to my Health nurse..and she said that u can stop at 6 months, just keep washing it well.

elyse, vic, hayden

Sign in to follow this topic